COOKIE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Cookie Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) has been prepared by Global İlişkiler Forumu ("GIF") in the capacity as a data controller within the scope of Article 10 of the Law on Protection of Personal Data, numbered 6698 ("PDP Law") and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures to Be Followed in Fulfilment of The Obligation to Inform.
Tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, and gifs ("Cookies") are small text files or codes running on your browser that placed on your devices such as tablets, phones, or computers during your use of online applications such as websites or mobile applications. Cookies enable the servers of our websites and applications to recognize your devices.
According to the PDP Law, your personal data regarding the cookies used on www.gif.org.tr ("Website") may be processed by the GIF in the capacity as a data controller within the scope described below.
Purposes and Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
Your collected data will be processed for the purposes ("Purposes") and legal grounds set out below and within the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Article 5 of the PDP Law. Depending on the type of relevant cookie used, the “data processing purposes”, and the “data processing conditions” under the PDP Law that we rely on when using the relevant cookie may vary.
Essential Cookies (Always Active)
Essential cookies are cookies that are placed on your device during your viewing of the Website and are necessary for the proper functioning of the online services offered. For the data processing activities that we carry out during the use of these cookies, we rely on the legal grounds of “processing of personal data of the parties of a contract is necessary, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract” and “processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject” within the scope of Article 5 of the PDP Law.
In the table below you can find details of the cookies we use on the Website:
Used to maintain server session information within the site.
Recipient Parties and Purposes for Transferring Personal Data
Your personal data collected in line with the fulfillment of the above-mentioned Purposes; may be transferred to consultants from whom we procure services, to technical service providers related to information technology infrastructure and cookies, within the scope of our legitimate interest, to legally authorized public authorities and legally authorized private institutions within the scope of that it is expressly provided in the laws and fulfillment of our legal obligations pursuant to the legal grounds specified in Article 5 of the PDP Law and in accordance with the rules regarding the transfer of personal data specified in Article 8 of the PDP Law.
Method of Personal Data Collection
Your personal data is collected electronically through cookies on the Website within the scope of the fulfillment of the above-mentioned Purposes.
Rights of the Data Subject under Article 11 of the PDP Law
As a data subject, we hereby inform you that you have the following rights under Article 11 of the PDP Law:
- To learn whether your personal data are being processed,
- To request information if your personal data have been processed,
- To learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether they have been used accordingly,
- To learn which third parties domestic or abroad your personal data has been transferred to,
- To request rectification in case your personal data has been processed incompletely or inaccurately and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To demand the erasure or destruction of your personal data in the event that the reasons for the processing no longer exist even though it was processed in accordance with the PDP Law and other relevant provisions and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To object to negative consequences to you that are concluded, as a result of analysis of the processed personal data through solely automatic systems,
- To demand compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of an unlawful processing of your personal data.
In case you convey your requests concerning your above-listed rights, to GIF by filling out the Data Subject Application Form, which is available at www.gif.org.tr/files/GİF_İlgili_Kişi_Başvuru_Formu.docx, depending on the nature of your request, your application will be concluded as soon as possible, within thirty days at the latest and in principle, free of charge. However, if the process requires additional costs, a fee may be demanded according to the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.